Creating eye-catching photo collages isn’t as hard as it seems
Photo collages have become trendy. Instead of spamming social media with a bunch of pictures, create a memorizing collage to share with friends and followers. Thanks to Google Photos and several photo editing apps, making photo collages on your top Android tablet or phone doesn’t get any better.
Make photo collages using Google Photos
Google has transformed Google Photos from the default gallery app on Android to a do-it-all tool to edit, back up, organize, and share your photos and videos seamlessly with others. The company recently revamped the collage maker tool with neat designs and templates.
You can rely on Google Photos’ AI magic to create a collage or manually make one using the steps below.
- Open Google Photos on your phone.
- Go to the Library menu.
- Select Utilities at the top.
- Glance over Google Photos suggestions and scroll down to the Create New section.
- Select Collage.
- Tap the radio button in the upper-left corner of an image and select two to nine photos.
- Tap the Create button in the upper-right corner, and open the collage maker menu.
- Glance over some of the ready-to-use templates and check the live preview. You can also check the artist’s name at the bottom. If you don’t prefer the default setup, drag and drop an image to another block.
- Tap Save. Your collage is ready to share on social media.
Google Photos can also find similar photos and suggest a collage in your album. For example, we had some vacation photos in the gallery. Google Photos automatically created a stunning collage summing up the tour.
Although Google took some time polishing up the Collage maker in the Photos app, the search giant has nailed the execution with the recent update. Most users won’t require a third-party app to create a memorable collage on Android.
Create photo collages using Pixlr
Pixlr is one of the best third-party apps for creating stunning collages. You can start with basic collage layouts or pick one of the templates.
- Download Pixlr from the Google Play Store.
- Open Pixlr and select collage.
- Select up to ten photos to create a collage.
- Tap the done button in the lower-right corner.
- Check the available collage layouts, drag and drop images to change their position, change the image corner radius, change the collage theme, and try different aspect ratios. You can also select and edit an image with built-in filters and tools.
- Tap Done in the upper-right corner.
- Save the image to the gallery or share it on social media.
The default collage styles might be too basic for some. You can explore the Pixlr templates section for ready-to-use options.
- Launch Pixlr and open the Templates menu.
- Pick a template of your preference.
- Tap + to insert an image from the gallery. The editing options remain the same as discussed above.
- Select Next, use the Pixlr editing tools to deliver the final touch, and tap Done at the top.
Pixlr runs on a freemium model. You must start a subscription at $12 a year to remove ads.
Use Canva to create photo collages
Canva is a leading graphics design tool among consumers. The app offers thousands of templates to create eye-catching collages with minimal effort. Canva also auto-saves your designs so you can start on mobile and continue the design on a desktop.
- Download and install Canva from the Google Play Store.
- Open Canva, sign in with your account details, and tap the + icon on the homepage.
- Search for Collage and select Photo Collage from the search results.
- Canva opens the collage templates gallery. Pick one and open the Canva editor to make changes.
- Select a photo in the template and tap the delete icon.
- Tap Replace to open the image gallery to insert media files. Repeat for all images.
- Play with the filters and colors, add text, and apply animations and transparency effects from the same menu.
- Select the save button at the top to download the collage.
Canva’s free version should be sufficient for most people. If you want to access millions of stock photos and premium templates, schedule content on social media, and more, upgrade to Canva Pro for $120 per year.
Create photo collages on Samsung Galaxy phones
The default Gallery app on Samsung phones is feature rich. You can use it to create unique photo collages on the go.
- Open the Gallery on your Samsung phone.
- Select any folder.
- Tap the kebab menu (three-dot) in the upper-right corner and select Create.
- Tap Collage. You can combine up to six images and videos.
- Select photos and tap Collage at the bottom.
- You can select from several built-in collage layouts. You can change the default 1:1 aspect ratio to 9:16 or 16:9.
- The Gallery app also lets you change the border color and picture radius.
- Tap Save and find it under the Collage folder.
Samsung has done a decent job with the default collage tool in the Gallery app. We would like to see more design templates in future updates.
Making photo collages is easier than ever on Android
Google Photos isn’t limited to creating collages. Glance over the best Google Photos tips and tricks to get the most out of the default gallery app on Android. If you make collages of your selfies in different poses, read our dedicated guide to improve your selfie game.
Conclusion on How to make photo collages on Android
If you have any query let me know in comment section.